Monday, March 20, 2006

Yo Baby! Yo Baby! Yo Baby Yo!

I love my new job! So chill and kind of corporate and stable....

Co-worker at 4:30pm this past Friday: [yummicoco], go home!

In Yummi's head: "whoa, I CAN go HOME now?! It's 4:30?! Fuck! I CAN go home! I'M GOING HOME!!!"

Didn't go home... Got my eyebrows threaded and walked the streets before meeting cousin at Happy Hour.Then we headed over to see a play called "Well" which was actually pretty good. Then met up with Aeki and Mindy Raf at 205 Christie.

I left early for a 6am shoot in the morning... sounds cooler than it really was... Told a science journalist in the green room that I thought that my cat Stella was bi-polar.

Science Journalist: Well, our pets normally feed off the energy of their owners...

Went to Sax's Jewish aunt's St. Patrick's Day Dinner the night AFTER St. Patrick's Day for corned beef and cabbage. Oh irony! Talked about her arthritis, back pain, her loneliess and her deceitful soon to be ex-husband. Played sad Pasty Cline songs in the car as she drove us back to Brooklyn....

Patsy Cline: "Crazy...I'm crazy for feeling so lone..leee..eeee..."

Wired on his aunt's coffee, we stayed up talking.

Sax: This is nice. The last time we stayed up all night was in Philly but we weren't talking.

Sax is getting his teaching certification! He is having fun in his supervised teaching classes in Crown Heights- teaching the kids how to play hip hop beats on woodwinds and brass. While teaching a little girl "Stop, Drop.." by DMX on the piano, the 12 year old girl licked her finger and then wiped the salvia on Sax's face while he was showing her the chords. He ignored it and kept teaching her.

Yummicoco: I do that to you all the time

Sax: Yeah only Black girls so that.

Yummicoco: How many Black girls you know?

Sax: Just you and the girl.

Ump!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its almost 8pm and I am still at work! oh well!

yummi c.

Jenny said...

hahaha too funny.

alwaysanna said...

Ew, someone else licked him? Better lick that same spot to reclaim your territory! :)