Wednesday, May 18, 2005

And all the Jersey kids say "Meet ya at the bus"

Stole an issue of Out from an exec who probably would have thrown it away. Was just flipping through it, trying to find a picture of a nice haircut that I would like for Sax. I am going to accompany him to the barber's after work. Do you think it would embarrass/emasculate him if I showed pictures to the barber? Thrive magazine was attached to Out this month as well. Good magazine. Really helpful suggestions like drinking warm milk and honey if you have trouble sleeping, or eating ginger to improve circulation and stimulate nerve endings.

"From an erection standpoint," says reseacher John Mulhan of Cornell University, "anything that's good for your heart is good for your penis."

Saw Kasabian last night with KKEGEL. Her friend Harry who caught a kid wacking off to a comic at his comic book store job was there along with his suicide gal pal, Nat. Really surprised by how much I liked the show. I was never blown away by the album but their show changed my opinion of them dramatically. Serge Guitar player/keyboardest is so hot. KKEGEL told me that he is trying to get a date with Scarlett Johannsen. Tom, the lead singer, is like Ian Brown Stone Roses and Bobby Gillespie Primal Scream. Total 90s flavor which made me like them even more. There were some rowdy Brits at the show but I kept my elbows out and held my sack in front of my chest for protection. First band, Rock and Roll Soldiers, was great. I especially liked the drummer who whaled hard on the drums with his tongue sticking out for the whole set.

KKEGEL: you do like your animals...

Colette: I know.


Last Friday:

After running to Magnolia for ice box cake, cookies and cupcakes with Aeki Tuesday, Sax and Issac, we set forth on a journey to Clinton Hill, BK. Aeki and Sax argued over Gates and Classon streets, while I polished off the rest of the cake on our walk to the train station. Anyway, as we all pass one by one through the turnstile at the 4th st and 6th ave, Issac stops in his tracks.

Issac: (to Sax) Man, I don't think I have enough money.

Instead of lending him money, Sax tells Issac to jump the turnstile. He does. He immediately gets caught by the police.

Issac: I'm getting a ticket cuz of this fucker over here.

So as we watch Issac get a $60 ticket, there is a couple standing next to him who also got caught by the fuzz for the same offense. They were straight up Jersey style...

Their friends: Shit dude, do you want us to wait for yous?

The couple: Nah, you guys go ahead... Meet ya at the bus

Aeki and I, reformed Jersey girls still fraught with disfunctional pride, look at each other.

Colette: Did you hear that?

Aeki: Yeah. That's what we have to say from now on...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

i personally don't think it would emasculate Sax but he might think otherwise. i guess it depends on the haircut too.

ah kasabian! the drummer is nice.

poor issac. meet ya at the bus, colette!

alwaysanna said...

Hopefully I'll see yous this weekend.

I'm not from the Jers, but I am Italian... :)

YUMMICOCO said...

oh gosh. speaking of poor issac. he was assulted by some dude in the train station yesterday. the dude thought that issac was checking out the two girls that he was with... he grabbed issac by the neck and said "don't you ever look at those girls again." totally freaked him out. he wasn't even looking at them.

Jenny said...

damn. poor issac.