Monday, January 24, 2005

Snow blew out my reaganite fantasy.

Saw Head- On last night at the Angelika (movie theatre) with my cousin. As we watched the preview for the indie dram-edy Assisted Living, my cousin leaned over and suggested that we should go to the same nursing home when the time comes.

Colette: that would be so cool but I have to pick which one.

Head-on was great. Its German. Go see it.

Bought 2 cds and a pair of boots before meeting my cousin.

1) Tears For Fears(TFF) greatest hits
---Watched Donnie Darko Saturday afternoon. Coolest 80s soundtrack which included Head over Heels by TFF- I love that song. CD was on sale so I did not feel so cornball for buying it.

2) Brian Ferry "Let's Stick Together"
--- Never went into the myth of the chechen rebel with you, dear reader, but BF is chechen rebel. The lead actor in Head- On was chechen all the way as well.

Snowed in Brooklyn for all of saturday and the Cold War party was rescheduled. Ate four pain au chocolat over the course of two days. I am wearing a white jean skirt today with brown winter-y boots.

3 comments:

Allison Bojarski said...

please further explain this Chechen rebel nonsense cuz you've got me all confused...

Avram Polinsky said...

You tried explaining to me what you meant by chechen rebel over email once. I still don't get it except maybe it is your codeword for a hot guy.
Best song from Donnie Darko?
Duh! No-No-Notorious by Duran Duran.

YUMMICOCO said...

yeah, I love notorious too!!! save a prayer is my personal fave.

not ready to divulge the true meaning of a chechen rebel. they don't exist in real life...but the meaning has nothing to do with eastern europe and ethnic cleasing or anything. I am no where near political.

bought 2 books at Strand bookstore on my lunch break today:
Intimacy by Hanif Kureshi and Gigi by Colette

Also, ran into the threesome dude that RKB wrote about in the voice. When I asked him what he was doing at the canal st station, he told me that it was too embarrasing to say. "Urologist?" I asked. He told me that he just got off on the wrong stop.