Monday, January 17, 2005

At some point, you have to choose between your hips and face. I chose my face.

No late nights out on the streets this past weekend. Joshua called but I did not pick up. I am just not that into him.

The common thread amongst friends (but not me of course)?
---Heavy bouts of unrequited love---

I sang emo style with one girl as we headed downtown. I chided another friend for rawness but told her that he was what had to be. I advised another friend to embrace the uncertainity of life and to stop waiting around for one particular guy...

Bought used cds at Tunes in Hoboken with KKEGEL. Ate at her favorite cafe. Did not see the Middle Easterner of her dreams but my middle eastern omelette was delicious as was her baklava. Listened to music at her place including Death From Above 1979, which I found angry, self indulgent, racist, misogynistic and I can't stop listenting to it.

Watched the latest installment of Surreal Life at my parents' house Saturday afternoon.

Da Brat: Verne (mini-me), that's not the restroom, baby. Chris (Peter Brady), Mini- me is pissin' in the hallway...

Peter Brady is so fucking hot. I called My Baddest Bitch in Maine just to tell her how fucking hot he was...

MBB: No fucking way...

I will miss Strange Love most of all because I am cable less in Brooklyn.

Before heading back into the city (waiting for my laundry to dry) I popped in my dvd of Before Sunset.

Mom: Are they going to talk the whole time?

I asked my father, who is normally cold and unsentimental, whether or not he thought that Ethan Hawke stayed with Julie Delpy in her Paris flat or if went back to his life and son in New York City.

Dad: Well, she told him that he was going to miss de plane and he said "I know" so I am sure that he missed de plane.

Colette: yeah.





2 comments:

Allison Bojarski said...

"Listened to music at her place including Death From Above 1979, which I found angry, self indulgent, racist, misogynistic and I can't stop listening to it"

This quote should appear on a sticker on this CD. It would make everyone want to buy it.

YUMMICOCO said...

as long as they pay me for it.