Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Right: A'ight

So friend is in love. She can't get this dude out of her mind. She thinks he is her soulmate. I think that he is a waste of her time. He hasn't called her since Sunday. I told her what my sister Sandra always tells me "if a man wants you they will never let you go". I am reminded of a conversation I had with the mailroom guy PAPA DOC yesterday evening at the front desk.

COLETTE: So how did you meet your fiancee?

PDOC: At a club. 'down the street. B52s.

COLETTE: Oh I've been there (no I haven't. It was M80s. No...oh well...)

PDOC: I was standin there (he folds his arms and cops a cop-like stance or RUN-DMC)... lookin at her dancin with some guy for like 3 hours. I wanted her so fuckin much...

COLETTE: So you like wanted her...not like...wanted to take her out... but...

PDOC: Yeh, I ain't gonna lie but it didn't turn out that way.

COLETTE: Oh that's good (shit. wow. oh well...)

PDOC: Yeh...was good... Yeh so I was like... I... stood there waitin. I watched how she was dancin... (he moves back and forth. sort of a dance).. pullin back from that man. She was lookin at me too.

COLETTE: Yeah, she wasn't feeling that guy...

PDOC: NAh, I knew... so when she left him to go to the bar...

COLETTE: A'ight....

PDOC... I just strolled over to her....(he walks over the other side of my desk)

COLETTE: Yeah! So....What did you say to her?

PDOC: I was like... yo... I just pulled up next to her... I was like, "Hi... I think you are very attractive. I was admirin you back there while you was dancin. Can I buy you a drink?"

COLETTE: Yeah.

PDOC: Uh- huh. I was so fuckin drunk. But she just wannted some water so I ordered two waters....you know....(he giggles)... I didn't want her to think nothing... so I ordered two waters...

COLETTE: So did you know then that she was the one?

PDOC: Nah. She was little small thing. Light skin. Round ass. I wanted her so fuckin much but she teased me for awhile. Yo, I'm tellin you... when we had ...you know....unprotected sex the first time...

COLETTE: oh. (wait, can people can hear us?)

PDOC: Yeh, she thought that she was gonna have a baby but it didn't happen...

COLETTE: So how far into the relationship did you start having...you know...

PDOC: What? The sex?

COLETTE: No. You know... un....protected?

PDOC: Oh, I don't know like two weeks. She was teasing the mess out of me though... Dry humping n' you know...

COLETTE: oh I hate that. (oh, that's so nice.)

PDOC: She was like, "it gonna be great when we finally do it."

COLETTE: But you liked her. You stuck around.

PDOC: Colette, I liked her so fuckin much.

No comments: