Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Best Accessories

I think someone from my past walked past my apartment as I was approaching my building in true stalker style. Probably all in my head....I had just returned from a screening of "Brick" so my thoughts were disoriented.

Movie was "Cruel Intensions" if it was a cheap indie film noir. I liked it.

This morning, put on my pink plastic necklace to best accessorize my black skirt with the 50s silhouette.

Sax: You look like you're seven going to a birthday party.

I still wanted to rock the pinkness but he convinced me to switch it out for my gold charms necklace instead.

Sax: now you look like an adult.

Its funny how accessories do that. How just a necklace or a pair of earrings can make you look hot, or like a seven year old or like some ghetto princess from brooklyn.

Sax bought me a brown necklace in Berkeley that makes me look like Tituba from The Crucible.

At a event thrown by my last job:

Client: Oh [yummicoco] look at you.... and your pearls!

She knew that they were fake and that I probably paid 2 dollars for them on 14th street and 6th ave. So fucking what?! I still looked cute and it covered my hickie most expertly.

So tonight, I am going to check out a play featuring all these old ladybats being bad. One of the old bats was in Facts of Life another one was in Moonstruck. Free tickets from their PR team! Nice. I tried to ask for a free dinner at a new hot spot from another PR team but got dissed.

I don't think that I pitched it right.

No comments: