Thursday, October 20, 2005

Composer Burt Bacharach pens first lyrics of his career

I thought that he wrote the lyrics to all of those songs- I guess he wrote just the music. Anyway, this is the thought that is coursing in my brain at the moment. I don't feel like working. I am exhausted. I am also wearing the most unconforable pink and brown platforms.

Anyway, so I have been up since 4:30am. I watched as Sax played in front of the WB Plaza for the local morning show. He had a big toothpaste stain on his shirt in signature Sax style.

The drummer picked us up around 5:30. I ate my polenta and salami in the car as we headed to midtown (across from Mcfadden's) We get there. I bring my empty plate along with me so as not to dirty up Drummer's car.

Sax (in front of security): couldn't you have just left that in the car?

So he walked back to the car with the plate as I sat in the weather girl's chair. When I realized that it was her's, she was head- down into her sidekick- blackberry- thing. I said "sorry" for sitting in her chair. She merely replied "ump" which is the Haitian word for judgement so I judged her as a bitch in my head while she sat down in her chair not missing a beat.

Donnie Wahlberg was on this morning looking most refreshed. I actually got a pidder-patter as I watched him in his black pinstrip jacket and hip hip soul cap that hid his receeding hairline so perfectly... "Step by Step. oooh baby. Gonna get to you girrrrl."

Getting old is a bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes it gave him a semi...

-yummi