Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I think the girl who eats garbage is cool

Its Tuesday, Dear Reader. Called in sick yesterday but I am back in full effect at work today.

This morning:
-Shared a croque monsieur,pain au chocolat, orange juice and cappucino with Sax this morning. I love sleepovers!
-E-mailed some peps "What's up"
-Discovered that www.alexist.com is 'forbidden' on my server at work. Lex is controversal, I guess- which is what brings me to last night's happenings at Niagara.

So Sax played with his band Warrior Circle at Niagara last night. Great band , no audience, but he loves to play which is very endearing. Now all he needs to do is learn how to love marketing and publicity and smoozing (sp?) but I don't see that happening. Cousin (ccstar) represented two fold as friend and Prosper, while randoms also appeared. One drunkard who seemed to know a lot about Jazz looked like Roman Polanski which I thought was cool. For a pedophile, Polanski's pretty cool. Rent Frantic and Chinatown. Ah! Man and his closet (?) was another cool one.

Anyways, so back to the name Alexis...which means "helper","defender", dear reader. Sax calls for a break after the first set. A woman shows up just before the band gets ready to finish the show. She's older. She recongizes Sax right away- so does Sax but funny enough he doesn't remember her name- he only remembers what he refers to her as...

Older woman: um, Alexis...Queens... College (she's probably thinking "yr such an asshole")

Sax: yeah, um right. (pause) you're free-gan

Colette: what's that? like you only eat a lot of fruit?

Sax: no, its like vegan unless its free then its not...

Alexis: actually it involves a lot of dumpster diving. nothing to do with vegetarianism.

WHAT?

middle class/Haitian sensibilites: ump. don't judge, just smile

LATER THAT NIGHT

Sax: yeah, dude, she eats from the garbage.

WE LAUGH

Sax: I can't believe I never told you about her. Totally forgot her name cuz me and Tom always call her "the free-gan". That shit's just so way out.

Then we laugh about the line from House Party when some minor character arrives to Play's party with some chick named Bonita saying "see, baby, I'm takin you places, meetin' people."

Went to Yaffa Cafe with the Free-gan, her man that looked like Jeff Foxworthy (funny cuz she later told us that he reminded her of "north carolina" which is where she spent some time on a radical Christian commune)and Issac (guitar player) was there to round out the table.

I could write about last night in so many ways. Must keep this fucker brief...

Probing questions that Issac posed to the Free-gan

1) so like have you ever fought over food with a homeless person?
2) ever find a dead baby? (2 part question) if you did, was it tasty?

Apparently, toasters burn away mold on bread and months old yogurt can be eaten after just a swirl of the spoon and with the extraction of rotted shit.

She found a nifty purse out of the dumpster which she carried with her last night. Sax was like "put that down" when I reached over to check it out. He looked at the bag as I held it in my hand and asked...

Sax: so, what did you do with the bloody glove?

I laughed. I guess you had to have been there.

7 comments:

Avram Polinsky said...

I'm all about free food, but that is just gross.
According to Seinfeld, if the food is above the plane of the garbage can lid it is still good. Below that plane is no good.

Even if the food is ok, there is all the yucky bacteria hanging out in the garbage can. I hope she wears gloves.

This reminds me of a joke.
What's the definition of a Jewish dilema?
Free Ham.

YUMMICOCO said...

AV!

She found a ham in the dumpster last week!!! She was also born Jewish- converted to Christianity a few years ago.

"you're always Jewish, even if you are no longer Jewish" she said last night.

YUMMICOCO said...

PB!

no clue. it started working sometime yesterday afternoon. I am going to check it out this morning.

saw louis x1v with lex and jenny. sucked.

Avram Polinsky said...

louis 14 seems to me to be more of a studio band and less of a rockin liveshow band
kinda like the vines and the strokes.

YUMMICOCO said...

I think the strokes are great live. saw them back in 01 at the apollo. guided by voices stole the show of course. julien came out for "my hunting knife" which was like oh so cool.

really, most memorable/enjoyable shows so far...

British Sea Power dec 03
Bravery new years 05
heather (ha!) feb/march(?) 05

YUMMICOCO said...

oh and sunny day real estate boston march 98

alwaysanna said...

Ew. Food out of the trash is gross. You gotta figure it's there for a reason. Although Av makes a good Seinfeld point.

p.s. Lexi said she switched servers, so hopefully her blog will never go down again. I can't live properly without it.