Thursday, May 06, 2010

Jet Set Barbie is a White Girl Problem


To my complete surprise, I received the Barbie Plastic Collection catalog in the mail yesterday. Is it because I'm freelance writer and I have an awesome blog? Is it because I have a taste for luxury and luxury has a taste for me? Not a clue.

Wanna Jet Set to the House of Barbie Shanghai? (Only if it's for an all expenses paid press trip), flip to page 7 to learn about a one-of-a-kind, $30,000 Barbie experience, featuring a personalized travel itinerary including sightseeing in Shanghai, China and access to exclusive activities at the House of Barbie Flagship retail store. Can I have professional travel photography and a custom scrapbook highlighting my holiday? Yes!



With all this thought about Barbie, I'm reminded of Twitter phenom @WhiteGrlProblem.


I too have been confronted with " the new face of rude" and I've definitely been given a bullshit giftbag. And most importantly, I've also realized that "Everyone is being very physical today." But can I as a non-white girl have white girl problems too? Since I share similar problems, should my problems be classified as white girl problems or are they just "problems"?

No comments: