Thursday, April 15, 2010

Amusements



I guess Derek Blasberg is living the secret.

Ingredients for those at home: Mix an attitude of gratitude with knowing exactly what you want and you've got a attractive magnet force strapped to your ass, catapulting you to a social stratosphere where Burberry hooks you up with loafers and Barbara Bush Jr toasts you at an event in Dallas.

Eric Wilson of New York Times sums it up: "Derek Blasberg reports on the socially important while becoming, it seems, one of them."



Chloë Sevigny and a few other notable socials were hosts of a party at Barneys last week for his book, Classy. I cracked up laughing when I read that André Balazs complimented Mr. Blasberg on his book by saying, “I love the paper stock.” Was he hating on Blasberg or was he masking the fact that he thought the book was stupid?

But I guess it was essentially a compliment.

Which I guess is what Blasberg is all about--finding the hotness in something that is not. "He won’t write anything bad about anyone, which helps to explain why so many companies are eager to court his favor," reports Wilson.

“It would be easier to write that all the girls were smoking in the bathroom, or to say that everyone was bored or social climbing,” Blasberg tells Wilson. “But I don’t think anyone wins from those kinds of stories.”

whatever, dude.

No comments: