Monday, March 15, 2010

Caswell-Massey, prepares to open shop in NYC’s Limelight Marketplace this March 2010: Has it happened?

I posted this in InTandem's blog this past January:
I’ve been drinking way too much coffee lately. Thanks to our intrepid music editor Jenny Francois’s gift of a thermal carafe for my July ‘09 wedding, I can sip the hot, earthy goodness all day long if I wanted. But I need to get out of my dishelved office and start working off my Christmas break weight gain.

Lamé, sequins, studs and shorts are still in full effect this winter as the confusing economy continues to confound and the oldest retail company in the U.S, Caswell-Massey, prepares to open shop in NYC’s Limelight Marketplace this March 2010.



Renderings of Limelight Marketplace

According to the press release: The brainchild of fashion retailer Jack Menashe, Limelight Marketplace will transform a historic 163-year-old venue into a three-story “festival of shops,” with elaborate facades and varied designs that invoke the feeling of a stroll down a marvelous European street. Limelight Marketplace welcomes innovative retailers and entrepreneurs, providing a unique “turn-key” solution for start-ups and established brands looking for a presence in the New York City retail market.

So look out C.O Bigalow, there’s a new emporium shilling toxic, paraben-laden products coming to town!

BUT HAS IT HAPPENED?

Can't find it on google. Maybe someone can let me know? Thanks!

1 comment:

carolynforsman said...

LAST PRESS RELEASE SAYS APRIL 29. WE'LL SEE...